The Occupy Movement is scaring the crap out of Conservatives, Right-Wingers, and The Corporate world; and it seems they are trying any underhanded tactic to undermine the movements success. The latest salvo in the Anti-Occupy crusade comes from London, where The City of London Police have now reclassified the Occupy Movement, as “Domestic Terrorists” on par with Al Qaeda, and many United States Law Enforcement Agencies including local police departments, across the country may soon be following their lead.
Seriously, we all remember images of Gun toting Tea party protesters brandishing their weapons at nearly every rally during the Health Care debate, yet they were never classified as extremist or even a threat, but the unarmed peaceful Occupy protesters somehow pose a terrorism threat? What The Fuck Ever!
A Report from London’s “The Independent” states….
The City of London Police force was facing criticism last night after including the Occupy London demonstration in a letter warning businesses about potential terrorist threats.
The letter, a “Terrorism/Extremism Update”, lists al-Qa’ida, the Colombian dissidents Farc, and Belarusian terrorists who bombed the Minsk underground. It also lists Occupy London under the heading “Domestic”.
It states: “It is likely that activists aspire to identify other locations to occupy, especially those they identify with capitalism. City of London Police has received a number of hostile reconnaissance reports concerning individuals who would fit the anti-capitalist profile. All are asked to be vigilant regarding suspected reconnaissance, particularly around empty buildings.”
An Occupy London spokesman said: “Activism is not a crime and the desire to participate in democratic decision-making should not be a cause for concern for the police in any free society.
“An institution that confuses active citizens with criminals and equates al-Qa’ida with efforts to reimagine the city is an institution in danger of losing its way.”
A police source said the letter was authentic but was poorly worded and never meant to imply demonstrators posed a terrorist threat.
A spokesman for City of London Police said: “City of London Police works with the community to deter and detect terrorist activity and crime in the City in a way that has been identified nationally as good practice. We’ve seen crime linked to protests in recent weeks, notably around groups entering office buildings, and with that in mind we continue to brief key trusted partners on activity linked to protests.”
Quote by KEVIN RAWLINSON - The Independent
Commentary by Richard O. Emanuel Jr. – Occupy Cyberspace/Reclaim America from The Lunatic Fringe!
- No Right Turn: One of these things is not like the others (indigenist.blogspot.com)
- Occupy London listed alongside al-Qaida and Farc in London police document (100gf.wordpress.com)
- ‘Occupy’ London Protesters Listed As Domestic Terrorists: Demonstrators characterized in same context as Al-Qaeda, Colombian FARC (destructionist.wordpress.com)
- You: Occupy London’s anger over police ‘terrorism’ document (guardian.co.uk)
- Occupy London: Terror Threat? (newsstream.blogs.cnn.com)
- Occupy London in legal challenge to UBS bank over City squat (guardian.co.uk)
- Police in City see occupiers as ‘terror’ risk (independent.co.uk)
- British Police Label Occupy London Terrorists (businessinsider.com)
- London Police Send Warning To Business Community Listing Occupy London As Terrorists Or Extremists (thinkprogress.org)
- UK cop doublespeak: Peaceful protest is terror? (rt.com)