Razing libraries and burning books has historically failed every time; thiis will be the most colossal failure to repress education in history, because this time, the education will not be centralized.
Just as the library was a collection of donated books, OccupyEducated.org is a place where you can have your say as to what books are important reading for understanding the occupation.
- OccupyEducated: an online library for occupiers (boingboing.net)
- Why libraries matter, cont’d: The library is the weapon of the people (bluejaysway.wordpress.com)
- OccupyEducated.org Takes Occupy Wall Street’s Library Online (thinkprogress.org)
- OccupyEducated Creates a Virtual Library for the #Occupy Movement: What Books Would You Recommend? (treehugger.com)
- Salman Rushdie Slams Bloomberg For ‘Philistine’ Act Of Dismantling Occupy Wall Street Library (thinkprogress.org)
- Collateral Damage (hilobrow.com)
- Occupy Wall Street and The People’s Library (aliciaschofield.wordpress.com)
- Occupy Wall Street: Ask for the Impossible (forbes.com)
- The destruction of books… (myintelligentlife.wordpress.com)
- Occupy Wall Street Library Raided, Demolished (batterrier.com)