Occupy New Hampshire activist Mark Provost made national headlines Wednesday when he attended a town hall meeting hosted by Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, and asked about his past comment that “corporations are people.” Provost’s question to Romney came Occupy New Hampshire is preparing for a series of events leading up to the state’s Republican primary to highlight the disproportionate impact corporations and wealthy donors have on the political process.
Democracy Now! airs an excerpt of the town-hall exchange and get Provost’s response to Romney reply. “I think his response, really, again is this denial that there’s this class in the country, and that there are some people within the corporation — specifically, the workers — that are taking it on the chin so that the United States’ executive management can make massive bonuses and serve their shareholders rather well too, because the profits largely go to capital gains and dividends.”
To watch the complete daily, independent news hour, read the transcript, download the podcast, and for more Democracy Now! reports on the Citizens United ruling, the 2012 elections, and Occupy Wall Street.
American’s Be Fruitful and OCCUPY!!!
and please don’t forget to “Like”
Occupy Cyberspace-American Autumn’s
blog and Facebook Fan page!
- Mitt Romney’s First New Hampshire Event Post-Iowa Throws Cold Water On Celebratory Mood (huffingtonpost.com)
- Jon-Christopher Bua: Iowa’s Mixed Me$age (huffingtonpost.co.uk)
- New Hampshire Primary 2012: Live Updates From The Granite State (huffingtonpost.com)
- Mitt Romney Gets Pwned by Occupier at New Hampshire Town Hall (crooksandliars.com)
- Gingrich Dismisses Citizens United After Big Loss (huffingtonpost.com)
- Friday’s live events (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- McCain Endorses Romney in N.H. (blogs.wsj.com)
- John McCain aims to sell GOP on Mitt Romney (cbsnews.com)
- Huntsman Picks Up Boston Globe Endorsement – Fox News (foxnews.com)
- As Romney Expands His Lead, Santorum Gets Scrubbed (The Note) (abcnews.go.com)