MIC CHECK!!! Well good ole Newt finally gets dealt with specifically, thanks to some ingenious Occupy protesters! No 1 %er is safe. We ARE the Boogie-men of they’re nightmares, a growing force, a growing voice, standing up to the excesses and corruption of the elite. THIS is what Democracy looks like! – Occupy Cyberspace-American Autumn
(TPM) Last night, GOP presidential primary candidate Newt Gingrich held a fundraiser at the Willard InterContinental Hotel in Washington, D.C. But the former House speaker was greeted not just with big money donors but by activists from “Take Back the Capitol,” a coalition of community and labor groups that have been conducting protest actions in the nation’s capital this week.
On Thursday, December 7, a few dozen protesters snuck into a fundraiser for GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich. The protesters chanted “We are the 99 percent!” and disrupted the event before being ejected by the Willard hotel’s security.
About 25 protesters entered the event with the purpose of asking Gingrich to meet with the “99 percent outside” rather than the “one percent inside contributing thousands to his campaign.” Demonstrators chanted “We Are The 99 Percent!” before being ejected by security.
byBy Zaid Jilani
- ‘Take Back the Capitol’ protesters target Gingrich fundraising event (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Latest Poll Shows Very Good News For Gingrich (huffingtonpost.com)
- Newt Gingrich Surge Unnerves Some Republican Lawmakers (huffingtonpost.com)
- The language of the 99 Percent (boingboing.net)
- Gingrich Heckled By ’99 Percent’ (myfoxphoenix.com)
- Gingrich: Easy Target, Tough Foe (thedailybeast.com)
- Too conservative, too liberal, too mean and too odd: Newt Gingrich’s nomination is far from certain (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- ‘I Know A Lot About Him’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Newt Gingrich: ‘Lies’ Told About Wife Callista Are ‘Not Fair’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Gingrich Heckled By ’99 Percent’ (myfoxny.com)