American’s Be Fruitful and OCCUPY!!!!
Occupy Princeton (www.occupyprinceton.net) students mic-check a JP Morgan-Chase Treasury Services info session on December 7, 2011. This is the first direct action taken up by Occupy Princeton – more to come.
Full Script below:
“Princeton’s motto is:
In the nation’s service and service of all nations
JP Morgan-Chase, your actions violate our motto
Your predatory lending practices helped crash our economy
We’ve bailed out your executives’ bonuses
You’ve evicted struggling homeowners while taking their tax money
You support mountaintop removal mining in Appalachia
which destroys our ecological future
In light of these actions,
we protest the campus culture
that whitewashes the crooked dealings of Wall Street
as a prestigious career path.
We are here today
as a voice for the 99%
shut out by a system that punishes them
just for being born without privilege.
What we need is not a university for the 1%,
but a university “In the Nation’s Service,
and in the Service of All Nations.”
- The One Percent Revolt: Princeton Students Protest JP Morgan And Goldman Sachs Recruitment (thinkprogress.org)
- Allegations of Fraud Continue to Surround JP Morgan Chase’s Foreclosure Processes (prweb.com)
- Does Goldman Sachs rule the world? (And, why was GS Mic-Checked by Occupy Princeton?) (wilderside.wordpress.com)
- Vetrepreneur Magazine and JP Morgan Chase & Co. Launch Nationwide Search for 2011 Vetrepreneur of the Year (prweb.com)
- JP Morgan Chase Leads Wall Street In Building The Carbon Bubble (thinkprogress.org)
- An Orange and Black Eye for 2 Banks (dealbook.nytimes.com)
- JP Morgan Chase is off the debit-card-charging beat, while Well Fargo is following suit and Bank of America is attempting to “adjust” their plan. (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Hamilton Group Funding Continues Growth, adds JP Morgan Chase Executive (prweb.com)
- Raymond J. Learsy: J.P. Morgan Chase Banks on Buying Into the Casino (huffingtonpost.com)
- Morgan Stanley leads sector down as Euro fear back (marketwatch.com)