Scott Olsen, a 24-year-old former U.S. Marine who served two tours in the Iraq war, was critically wounded after being shot in the head by a police projectile at Occupy Oakland. In a rare interview, Olsen joins us to discuss his life-threatening ordeal, his involvement in this year’s historic Wisconsin and Occupy protests, the case of accused Army whistleblower Bradley Manning and how he too had access to similar types of information, and the U.S. withdrawal from Iraq. “They aren’t respecting our right to assemble, protest and redress our government for grievances,” Olsen says of police repression of the Occupy protests. “They are terrorizing us from going out [to demonstrations]. That is a sad statement for our country.” Olsen also says he expects to rejoin the Occupy and antiwar protests as his recovery progresses. “I look forward to being a part of the 99 percent and Iraq Veterans Against the War in 2012,” he says.
American’s Be Fruitful and OCCUPY!!!
and please don’t forget to “Like”
Occupy Cyberspace-American Autumn’s
blog and Facebook Fan page!
- MARINES SCREAM TO OAKLAND POLICE: ‘You Did This To My Brother’ (occupycyberspace.wordpress.com)
- Iraq Veteran Scott Olsen Critically-Injured at Occupy Oakland Raid (sfist.com)
- Scott Olsen. Oakland, California. (preaprez.wordpress.com)
- War vet hurt in Oakland occupy protest improving (sfgate.com)
- Iraq Vet Scott Olsen Critically Injured at Occupy Oakland Protest (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- WATCH: Maddow Condemns Police Response To Occupy Protests (huffingtonpost.com)
- Scott Olsen, Iraq veteran injured by police at Occupy Oakland: how you can help (boingboing.net)
- Scott Olsen, Iraq Vet Hurt In Occupy Oakland Protests: ‘It Was Kind Of Weird To Be A National News Story’ (mediaite.com)
- Occupy protesters rally around wounded Iraq vet – Sydney Morning Herald (news.google.com)
- Scott Olsen Released: Iraq Vet Injured at Occupy Oakland Discharged (blippitt.com)