Crowds gathered again outside the Supreme Court on Wednesday as oral arguments took place to determine the constitutionality of the federal Defense of Marriage Act.
Lee Camp performed live in our nation’s capital just last week, on the four-month anniversary of Occupy Wall Street. Immediately following this performance the thousands who were there stormed the steps of the Supreme Court and the White House.
- Showdown as Occupy DC Protesters Defy Eviction (newser.com)
- OCCUPY COURTS: Protests Descend Upon Supreme Court (blippitt.com)
- Obama Channels Occupy Wall Street (usnews.com)
- Call to Action! Help UNDO NDAA By Petitioning Your State Supreme Court For A Protective Writ of Habeus Corpus Like This One (ironboltbruce.com)
- “Occupy the Courts” Protests Hit Supreme Court and Federal Courthouses Nationwide (legaltimes.typepad.com)
- From the West Wing: Hanging out with President Obama on YouTube (youtube-global.blogspot.com)
- Park Police to End Camping for #OccupyDC (crooksandliars.com)
- Pak Supreme Court lifts Haqqani travel ban (thehindu.com)
- What’s so funny about abortion? (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
Anonymous releases a new video…
Citizens of the World.
We are Anonymous.
We have been watching recent events as they have slowly but surely unfolded, from the distortion and destruction of the first amendment to legalize and justify political bribery, to the dawn of a new political struggle consisting of millions of citizens crying out in indignation at this misappropriation of the judicial system, and to the very proposal of the so called, “Stop Online Piracy Act”, SOPA, without any concern to ethicality, morality, or responsibility. We have witnessed the recent actions this ‘Corporatocratic’ government has taken the means by which it has justified shutting down megaupload.com, a site that served, and continues to serve, as a very legitimate means of transferring information.
Suffice to say, we are angry.
These recent actions directly oppose the values we uphold, as well as the values of the founding fathers of the United States government. The freedom of information must never be infringed upon, and that the government exists to serve the will of the people, not the will of the financial elite.
They have already been forewarned of the technology at our disposal to defend our right to access information. The legislative entities and Governmental bodies that attempt to impose their law upon what is not theirs need to be forced to understand that we arer a sovereign entity beyond your control.
We therefore have declared as one collective, that the cyberspace domain be independent from the United States government and from any tyrannical laws they seek to impose upon us.
They claim there are problems amongst us that need to be solved. They use this as an excuse to invade our precincts.
They are wrong.
We are creating a world where anyone, anywhere, may express his or her beliefs, no matter how singular, without fear of retribution or of being coerced into silence or conformity.
Their legal concepts of property, expression, identity, movement, and context do not apply to us. They are all based on matter, and there is no matter here. We are a sovereign nation, and we intend on staying as such.
Citizens of the Global Community, join us. Let us defend our home, the internet.
Operation Revenge, engaged.
Operation Megaupload, engaged.
Operation Blackout, engaged.
We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not Forgive.
We do not Forget.
To the United States Government, you should’ve expected us.
The validity of this video and it’s association to any group and/or political movement has yet to be ascertained.
- Anonymous Releases Global Cyber War I [Video] (techfleece.com)
- Anonymous – Operation Revenge Full text and Video (remainanonymous.org)
- What Does Anonymous Mean To You? (myviewandopinion.wordpress.com)
- Megaupload founder’s homes raided (subzinfo.wordpress.com)
- SOPA/PIPA The Day After The Protest – Feds retaliate shutdown and arrest MEGAUPLOAD, but Anonymous strikes back with a vengeance! (toodamnez.wordpress.com)
- SOPA: Stop Online Piracy Act PASSED *Important Message for ALL* (existenceadvice.wordpress.com)
- I Hereby Secede by Roger Young (pointsofhype.wordpress.com)
- Anonymous Operation Megaupload – FBI shuts down Megaupload.com,Anonymous shut down FBI (ilegionnet.wordpress.com)
- Puppet Media: Bias in the US News & Media Coverage (squisheddiorama.com)
- I Hereby Secede (lewrockwell.com)
The Occupy movement is making its presence felt in Iowa ahead of the Iowa Caucus — the nation’s first nominating contest for the 2012 presidential elections. Demonstrators have targeted the Iowa Democratic Party headquarters and the “Obama for America” office in recent days, protesting measures being considered in Washington dealing with defense spending, a planned oil pipeline and jobless benefits. Next they plan to focus on Republicans who will be crisscrossing the state in the next two weeks seeking voters’ support. “We think that we have a right to — a constitutional right — to state our purpose and to call for, and to address grievances that we have with the government and the corporate control of the government,” says Hugh Espey, the executive director of Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement, a 36-year-old grassroots organization with some 4,000 members. “These sorts of protest are going to continue until we have a system that puts people before profits and communities before corporations.”
- Occupy Des Moines Protesters Take Over Obama HQ, Iowa Democratic Party HQ (news.firedoglake.com)
- 8 Occupy protesters arrested at Democratic HQ (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- ‘Occupy’ Protestors Arrested in Iowa (myfoxny.com)
- 8 Occupy Protesters Arrested at Democratic HQ (abcnews.go.com)
- Occupy’s Next Target: The Iowa Caucus (alternet.org)
- Occupy Iowa Caucus Launches (crooksandliars.com)
- Republicans Are Afraid the Iowa Caucus Might Get Hacked [Video] (gizmodo.com)
- They’re mad because we don’t fit their stereotype!” – Cast members from “All-American Muslim” on Lowe’s battle. (allianceforanidiotfreeamerica.wordpress.com)
- Obama plans conference call to Iowa supporters caucus night (iowacaucus.com)
- Would A Ron Paul Win Kill The Iowa Caucuses? (outsidethebeltway.com)
The Occupy movement is about a week away from its third anniversary. A big part of the reason the movement is going strong is because of the financial contributions from people who share the same sentiment. OWS sought the services of AdBackers.com, a website that helps launch grassroots campaigns. Sergey Barr, founder of AdBacker.com, gives us his firsthand account with the US government trying to censor the OWS ads.
- The Innovative Platform Is Deemed as the Arrival of ‘Crowdfunding 2.0’ (prweb.com)
- At Romney ‘Grassroots’ Event: Valet Parking (thinkprogress.org)
- Censorship in America: Feds Falsely Censor Popular Blog For Over A Year, Deny All Due Process, Hide All Details… (censorshipinamerica.com)
- Now THIS sounds like a plan: Occupy Movement offers up ‘The 99% Declaration’ (dangerousminds.net)
- Section 28 backer Brian Souter accuses Google of censoring his website (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Jon Against Tony; Youtube Censors (stevebeckow.com)
- Great new idea from the Hollywood Left: Behead the bankers (hotair.com)
- Who Are The 99%? Occupy Research Aims To Find Out (shareable.net)
- State Department Releases 11 WikiLeaks Cables – With Redactions (dissenter.firedoglake.com)
- Britain braces for public sector strike (cnn.com)
- Britain braces for public-sector strike (cnn.com)
- How Much Will Strikes Cost UK Economy? (news.sky.com)
- Public sector strikes live blog (guardian.co.uk)
- Two million set to strike in Britain (edition.cnn.com)
- Strike 1: UK civil servants cripple country (rt.com)
- UK hit by biggest public sector strike for 30 years (100gf.wordpress.com)
- U.K. Suffers Public-Sector Strike (online.wsj.com)
- UK cutbacks spark worst strikes in a generation (smh.com.au)
- Pension reforms prompt massive strike in Britain (ctv.ca)
It’s amazing to me, that the American public would even consider a man like Newt Gingrich for public office, much less for the Presidency of the United States. His recent surge in the polls is obviously aided and/or manufactured by the media, and he is just the latest GOP turd (candidate) to float to the top of the political toilet bowl. But Newt has outdone himself this time. During a recent debate with Herman Cain, Gingrich let out a well-practiced diatribe against The Occupy Wall Street Movement in which he tells the protestors to “Get a job right after you take a Bath” Check Out the video of this classically clueless GOP front-runners moment below……..
Last time I checked, Mr. Gingrich was running for President of The United States of America, which includes EVERY AMERICAN, not just the 1%. If he seriously wants to be elected president of just the rich and influential, then he should enter a different race altogether. America is not just for the “haves” or “have-nots”, but it’s greatest strength comes from the totality of the population and not just 1 individual or class. Newt Gingrich represents everything that is wrong with America, it’s corruption, cronyism, lack of compassion, and most of all, it’s apathy, the very things that #OWS are protesting against. No wonder he felt the need to attack the movement……..but Thanks Newt, for telling us we need a bath, and employment. Here’s a tip for you…. You should Brush your teeth more often, because the Bullshit coming out of your mouth, is starting to leave a stain.
- Newt Gingrich To Occupy Wall Streeters: “Go Get A Job After You Take A Bath” (alan.com)
- Newt Gingrich Tells Off Occupy Wall Street At GOP Debate: ‘Go Get A Job After You Take A Bath’ (mediaite.com)
- Newt Gingrich On Occupy Wall Street: Protesters Should ‘Get A Job’ And ‘Take A Bath’ (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Cain fades while Newt gains, mouths off (capitolhillblue.com)
- Newt Gingrich Tells Occupy Wall Street: ‘Go Get a Job Right After You Take a Bath’ (timesunion.com)
- Does Anyone Else Remember Newt Gingrich’s ad with Nancy Pelosi About Climate Change? (reason.com)
- GINGRICH: Newt Gingrich: the GOP candidate of the moment; can Newt break away from the pack and take the GOP nomination? (marcjan.wordpress.com)