In an attempt to highlight the importance of whistleblowers, Julian Assange chose to have WikiLeaks‘ Collateral Murder footage as background for his speech at the Sam Adams Awards, an award dedicated to whistleblowers. The ceremony was organized by the Oxford Union. As a result of the video playing in the background and unsuccessful attempts to vet Julian’s speech, the Union pulled the live stream from the event and spent two days substituting the US Army massacre footage with their logo. The Union claimed they feared that the US government would take legal action concerning “copyright” of the Apache gun camera footage. Wikileaks advised the Union that by law and practice the US government does not claim copyrights on footage or documents that it produces, the Union still decided to censor the video.
- Occupy London Eviction: Bailiff Drives Car through Protesters [VIDEO] (ibtimes.com)
- Occupy London protesters evicted from City office block (guardian.co.uk)
- PICANDPUB: Occupy London protesters evicted from UBS-owned building (telegraph.co.uk)
- Hopes fade for St Paul’s Occupy camp compromise (guardian.co.uk)
- Holed up in his hut: George, the last protester standing at Occupy Bristol (guardian.co.uk)
- Bailiffs evict anti-war protesters (channel4.com)
- Occupy protesters evicted from empty London office block (guardian.co.uk)
- Occupy LA protesters march in solidarity with Oakland (abclocal.go.com)
- After lull, Occupy protest resurfaces in Oakland (ajc.com)
- “The Wild One” (Newsflash) (socyberty.com)
On Tuesday, NYPD arrested six individuals who ran OWS’ Globalrevolution.tv. According to law enforcement, the place where the individuals inhabited was “imminently perilous to life” and was a threat to the inhabitant’s health. Some say health concerns aren’t the real issues and claim NYPD tactics are changing and they are now targeting individuals. Goldie, OWS activist, gives us his take on the website shutdown and why he refuses to use his last name.
American’s Be Fruitful and OCCUPY!!!
and please don’t forget to “Like”
Occupy Cyberspace-American Autumn’s
blog and Facebook Fan page!
- NYPD raids studio used by OWS live-streamers (rt.com)
- OWS Global Revolution headquarters shutdown by NYPD (occupyblogosphere.wordpress.com)
- Drunk Off-Duty NYPD Officer Kicked Off Greyhound Bus (thecrimsoncrow.com)
- Ellen Barkin Shoved By NYPD (buzzfeed.com)
- OWS, N.Y. press readies for ‘Bloomberg army’ reporter abuse protest (examiner.com)
- Ellen Barkin — I Was Shoved by an NYPD Officer for No Reason! [VIDEO] (tmz.com)
- Nadler Wants Federal Probe Of NYPD’s ‘Occupy Wall Street’ Response (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- NYPD Sergeant Kicked Off Greyhound Bus And Arrested…For Being Too Drunk (perezhilton.com)
- NYPD Marks New Year by Arresting, Throwing Around Occupy Wall Street Protesters (dissenter.firedoglake.com)
- Family of Mathieu Lefevre Sues NYPD for Withholding Crash Information (streetsblog.org)
Two Austin Occupy protesters are suing the city of Austin in federal court Wednesday morning claiming their ban on protesters who are arrested violates their rights to free speech.
- Occupy London: ‘Blasphemous 666 sign was daubed on St Paul’s by protesters’ (dailymail.co.uk)
- Blasphemous 666 sign was daubed on St Paul’s pillars claims registrar who says Cathedral has been ‘desecrated’ by protesters (dailymail.co.uk)
- Occupy Sydney protesters outside court (news.smh.com.au)
- Police arrest Occupy SF protesters (sfgate.com)
- Occupy protesters drop legal battle against city of Boston (boston.com)
- #OCCUPYFAIL: First Day of Occupy Darien Draws Small Crowd. I’ll say. Here’s the photo caption: “… (pjmedia.com)
- Occupy Calgary protesters leave site hours before court deadline (theglobeandmail.com)
- Occupy protesters to launch High Court bid (news.theage.com.au)
- Occupy protests: developments in U.S., England (sfgate.com)
- Occupy protester argues with court officer (news.smh.com.au)